I found some pre-made cloth diapers in these irresistible colors. So I decided to customize them to make them just a little more magical. Most of the burp cloths I have been making are homemade. I just love the shape and size of these flannel lined ones, and they are very inexpensive to make. However, I had a coupon that made these premade ones pretty inexpensive so I decided to go for it! This is also a great project to use up all those little strips and scraps you have in your fabric stash.
1. I wanted the final panel to be 5″x19″. So I cut my fabric to roughly 6″x20″ this will leave a nice 1/2″ seam allowance.
2. After some trial and error – I found that a simple ironing template makes all difference in the world. To make this template I simply cut some yardstick to 5″x19″.
3. Place the template in the center of the strip of fabric – wrong side up, and press the seams around the template.
4. Clip the corners so that the fabric has nice crisp edges.
5. Pin onto the burp cloth – right side up.
6. Top stitch round leaving about a 1/4″ seam allowance.
Please note – the measurements that I am providing were for the burp cloths I bought. Be sure to check the size of the ones you get as different brands may be slightly different.